The Manufacturers Pavilion featured presentations from renowned industry experts in a new dedicated event zone. Speakers from industry, politics and science will discuss the possibilities of improving manufacturers’ competitiveness through research, innovation and technology.
The full Manufacturers Pavilion Program is available with speakers bio's and topics.
Supported by the Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education (DIISRTE), and sponsored by the Advanced Manufacturing Cooperative Research Centre (AMCRC) and Deloitte, the Manufacturers Pavilion will be a focal point and provide a great forum for local manufacturers to put themselves in front of Austech visitors, many of whom outsource and contract out their work.
For the first time, the Manufacturers Pavilion included speeches and discussions with key industry people who give their time for free in order to impart their knowledge. The speaking program is proudly supported by the Commonwealth Government appointed Industry Supplier Advocates:
• Dr Marc Newson, Clean Technologies
• Bruce Griffiths, Rail
• William Angove, Automotive
• Christian Larsen, Minerals
Other key speakers include:
• Professor Goran Roos – Chairman, Advanced Manufacturing Council SA and renowned strategic thinker
• Morten Andersen – Director, Bombardier Australia
• Paul McCarthy – Rock Solid Marketing
• David Lidden – Supply Chain Director – Australasia, Joy Global
Professor Roos’ speech will focus on establishing a framework for working towards higher profitability in a high-cost environment.
“Australian firms have to change their world view as well as their behaviour if they are to become successful in a high-cost environment,” says Professor Roos. “The primary responsibility for this falls in the firm’s management, but government also has a responsibility to both facilitate and enable these changes to take place.”
Manufacturers Pavilion Exhibitors
The following Manufacturing Exhibitors featured at this year’s Manufacturers Pavilion.
Accurate Repetition Pty Ltd
AW Bell Australia Pty Ltd
Bennett Precision Tooling
Catten Industries Pty Ltd
Chassis Brakes International (Australia) Pty Ltd
Corex Plastics (Australia) Pty Ltd
Decor Engineering Australia
Knox City Council
Money Resources Group South East Pty Ltd
New Touch Group
South East Melbourne Manufacturers Alliance (SEMMA)
Surdex Steel Pty Ltd
Ultimate Laser Pty Ltd & Ultimate Cutting Services Pty Ltd
U-Neek Bending Co Pty Ltd
The Manufacturers Pavilion 2013 will conduct activities that will assist the visitor to:
• Connect industry with organisations such as state and Commonwealth government departments, industry supply chains and network/cluster opportunity.
• Inform manufacturers of industry trends in supply and initiatives that may assist business development.
• Support visitors to grow through open access to opportunities of interest that may be available domestically and internationally.
• Provide direction to suppliers demonstrating technology and processes relative to the showcase industry sectors.
It reinforces AMTIL’s commitment to our Manufacturing Members and the three core undertakings we have – technology diffusion, education and manufacturing opportunities.
AMTIL would like to thank the following sponsors and supporters
Manufacturers Pavilion Sponsor Networking Function Supporter
Pavilion Café Industry Sponsor Stakeholder Supporter Sponsor
For more information contact Shane Infanti, Austech Director on 03 9800 3666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org